Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Dishwasher (Hotpoint Aquarius) trips the main RCD after

Customer Question

Dishwasher (Hotpoint Aquarius) trips the main RCD after running OK for quite a while. Re-set the trip and same thing happened. Now 4 times. Any advice?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Not much more to tell really. When I re-set the RCD 7 switch on the DW again it runs OK for a while then trips again.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

First thing is to see if you have any water in the base of the appliance that is between the wash cavity and the floor- once you have checked this is dry then come back to me - Ian