Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch double oven HBN43M560B/03 FD 8610. The

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Bosch double oven HBN43M560B/03 FD 8610.
JA: Sometimes, Pearl, I, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The cooling fan that runs on after the oven is switched off continues to run when the oven is cold even aftyer many hours. This happened about 1 year ago and after swiching off the electricity and then back on the following day the problem disappeared. The fan has now started to do it again. I am a retired electrical engineer and I suspect a sticking output relay but not having investigated the appliance yet, that is only a guess. I turned the oven mains supply again last night and once again the issue has corrected itself. Can you give me any advice or information?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this stage
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The only reason the fan should run is if the sensor detects that the temperature in the oven warrants the cooling fan be running. If the sensor was sending a signal to the control, even after cooling, it would display an error code. So, I suspect, as you do, that the relay that controls the power is indeed at faulty.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.