Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Nordmende DFSN60 dishwasher stuck on a programme

Customer Question

hello i have an Nordmende DFSN60 dishwasher stuck on a programme and can not reset it. no error message just the number 188 is displayed. tried resetting with pressing program for 3 seconds but will not reset. please help !!
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: DFSN60 dishwasher stuck on a programme and can not reset it. no error message just the number 188 is displayed. tried resetting with pressing program for 3 seconds but will not reset. please help !!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have read the Dishwasher
Instruction Manual
InstructionInstruction Instruction Manual Manual Geschirrspüler
Gebrauchsanweisung Gebrauchsanweisung
DFSN60 but still no joy with reset procedures on page 22 Changing a programme with resetting !!
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect the electronics will need to be "hard reset" by turning power off at the mains for at least 4 hours. Does the behavior change after a power cycle?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did a P4 wash but it has returned to 188 on display again
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

How long sis it wash for before the 188 displayed? Was the water hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the p4 wash went for the full 99 min cycle and then dried the dishes... But then the 188 was displayed again and I could not select another programme again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like the main electronic control will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really, is that very expensive?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I am not able to locate any parts for your machine so I can't give you an idea what it may cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks for that info anyway!
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

You bet, thank you.