Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Are you really there! :) .. amazing .. THANK YOU! Hotpoint

Customer Question

Hello ... are you really there !
JA: I'm here.
Customer: :) .. amazing .. THANK YOU ! Hotpoint TCYL 757C ... 7.5 kg ... the dryer stopped working and all the lights are flashing ... any clues /
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: ideas ?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

When all the lights start to flash then look at the row of lights on the far right going down.

Some of these will be lit up when the others are flashing.

Number the lights from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bototm which is the end light.

Let me know which number lights are lit as this is the error code.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have 4 lights flashing horizontally , 5 including the start/pause button ...
on the vertical band one is lit at 3H mark

Ok just to confirm when all the other lights are flashing the 3 hr light which is a picture of the sun is just lit and nothing else is lit below it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
a sun

Thanks for that. This is error code F04 which means theres no temperture rise on the rear NTC sensor.

Basically its a heating error code.

What you need to do is remove the metal heater cover on the back of the dryer and from there release the heater from the panel.

There you will see 3 thermostats on the top of the heater.

2 are a thermostat and the other is the NTC. The thermostats look the same so you will be able to see which is which.

You need to remove the thermostats and with a multi meter you need to test them.

If faulty then look in the center of the thermostat and you will see a tiny hole. Get a pin and push it down in there untill it clicks.

Then thats the thermostat reset.

Refit the thermostats and heater and then make sure the filter in the door is clear and the metal condenser unit is clean as well.

Then retry the dryer and fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need more help with the dryer?

If so just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer then this will close the question.

Many thanks