Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Bosch innowave Microwave oven. E-Nr: HMT9356/03 The

Customer Question

I have a Bosch innowave Microwave oven. E-Nr: HMT9356/03
The oven carries out all functions except warming/heating anything.
Magnetron dead, or something else?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Its possibly the magnetron that's faulty but theres also several other parts as well which can fail. You have internal fuse, diodes, high voltage capacitor and a transformer which can all stop the heat in there.

To check this you need a decent multi meter that can test microfarreds and is also an insulation tester as to test a diode you need to use a megger to pump a high voltage through it.

But before you touch any part inside a micro wave you must discharge the high voltage capacitor first as it can store up to 4500v even when unplugged so this must be discharged first before touching anything.

Then once out you can test the magnetron and the other componments and see what is faulty.

But as I said I'm afraid for this fault it could be a number of things not just the magnetron I'm afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.