Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Zanussi gas cooker bottom oven will not work, no spark

Customer Question

My Zanussi gas cooker bottom oven will not work, no spark and oven light is out, clock and top oven are ok and gas burners on top plate are also working.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have told you all I know, Cooker(Zanussi gas) is working fine except for bottom oven which does not spark up/ignite and no gas when knob is depressed and turned to ignition point, the oven light is also not working.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The loss of the light and ignition at the same time leads me to believe there may be a connection that has either come loose or has burnt off. Are you able to access the ignition electrode and follow that wire up to the module to see if there is wiring trouble?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?