Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

Garet here, i have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 washer/dryer

Customer Question

Hello, Garet here, i have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 washer/dryer WD62 and there doesn't seem to be any hot water getting to it. Clothes are coming out sliming and not rinsed properly. its hooked up to hot water. i bought a new heating filament for it but it looks like the wrong one as i can't see where it would possibly go!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, i have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 washer/dryer WD62 and there doesn't seem to be any hot water getting to it. Clothes are coming out sliming and not rinsed properly. its hooked up to hot water. i bought a new heating filament for it but it looks like the wrong one as i can't see where it would possibly go!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

Replace the Hot and Cold water valve to the unit to repair that issue. That is the valve where the lines connect to the washer.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its nothing to do with Thermostats, heating filaments etc?

No replace the inlet valve on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

no problem Happy Easter