Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Dishwasher is leaving bits on the dishes after the wash.

Customer Question

My Dishwasher is leaving bits on the dishes after the wash. I have cleaned it out, I think that there might be a build up of 'gunk' inside somewhere but can't work out how to get inside. Its a Bosch SMS58T22GB, any advice?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If you have cleaned the filter and area around the filter, the issue is likely to be too little water or the water is not heating. If you open the door mid cycle, is there ample water and is it hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yep, plenty of water and very steamy, so thats not the issue. I took the side off, and there is a transparent plastic molded set of tubes. Some of them seem to have 'gunk' in them, not sure if that is the issue, and no idea how to clean them out if it is. I have used dishwasher cleaner and its not touched it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

That part cannot really be cleaned. You can take it off and switch hot water around but if it is really plugged up, it won't come clean.However, that is not causing the poor wash results. If there is plenty of water and it is hot, it has to be recirculation related. If you place four glasses in the top rack, one in each corner, and start a wash cycle for two minutes, do they get water in them? If so, how much?