Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Siemans s9g1s dishwasher which has stopped pumping

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****, my name is Tony. We have a Siemans s9g1s dishwasher which has stopped pumping water. There water in pipe is fine and under pressure. Starting the programme has no water circling in the machine and the check water light comes on after 10 secs or so. I have put some water in the bottom of the machine and this is pumped away.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a Siemans s9g1s dishwasher which has stopped pumping water. There water in pipe is fine and under pressure. Starting the programme has no water circling in the machine and the check water light comes on after 10 secs or so. I have put some water in the bottom of the machine and this is pumped away.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Hi

When you say its not pumping the water do you mean its not filling or its not spraying the water around the dishwasher?

If its the filling then when you set it going does it start to put water in before the check water light comes on?

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is not spraying
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok so once its filled with water do you hear a humming noise from the bottom right corner of the dishwasher?

If you open the door is the water level above the filter?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no water present. When opening the door there is a dry hissing as though it is trying to pump but no water present. I dont know if it is filling with water but do know there are no issues with the water pipe going in...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Daniel, are you still there.?

Sorry just had to nip out.

Is the noise the drain pump running all the time?

If you pore a jug of water inside the dishwasher close the door and is it draining the water straight out?