Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Whirlpool dryer stopped working. It's only 5 years old.

Customer Question

The button lights are lighting up, the changing cycle "beep" sound works. When the door is open, it won't start (which is normal). Everything seems to be working like normal. So when I close the door and hold the Start button, I hear the door lock sound, but nothing happens afterward.
A week ago, the dryer became really hot. Can it be the Thermal Fuse?
Please help me with that issue
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Can you post the model number of the dryer please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sure. It's the YWED9050XW1

Thanks for that.

I'm afraid I don't have any service info on this model so I will opt out of the question and this will open it to the other experts and if any of them can help they will jump in.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I see "UK Applicance" in this topic title...don't know why, I never said I was from the UK. I'm from Canada. Might have something to do with the fact you cannot find this model.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Do you hear the click from the control area when you press the start button?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Check that the belt is not broken and the thermal fuse is good. The video below will show you how to access the fuse at which time you can inspect the fuse, too!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will check that before finishing the project.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

You bet, keep me posted. I will be right here if you have questions while checking!