Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch 1400 washing machine and recently it has

Customer Question

I have a Bosch 1400 washing machine and recently it has started to make really loud noise when the drum turns anti-clockwise but not clockwise and also a burning rubber smell
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Bosch. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Hi Pearl it makes really loud noise when the drum turns anti-clockwise but not clockwise and also a burning rubber smell
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The burning smell is generally after a cycle has finished but may be during a cycle too
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi If you turn the drum by hand is it noisy? Also if you hold the drum at the front at the bottom can you lift it up and down? Try it on all 3 drum paddles and check for any play on the drum there and let me know.