Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a zanussi dishwasher zdf3020 pnc91151302104 with

Customer Question

I have a zanussi dishwasher zdf3020 pnc91151302104 with fault code 10. I believe that is water not entering.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The washers starts then just stops and hums to itself! I don't think it's operating at all at that stage as it goes on for ages and only stops when the switch is turned to off. However if I reset to try another programme some water is taken in but I don't think it is to the normal level. The machine then tries to wash with rotors going around. After a while though it seems to go into this state of humming.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Don't think so no.
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Having just gone through the first rinse cycle it has now emptied then stopped with ,20 showing on the display.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Hi I take it you have checked the water supply to the dishwasher?. Remove the fill hose from the back of the dishwasher and aim it into a bucket and turn the water on and check the water is gushing out from there. Then retry the dishwasher and when it should be filling if you feel the valve that the fill hose screws to is this vibrating?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I decided to take the side off and have a look to see if I could establish whether the pressure valve was clogged. It didn't appear to be although I couldn't work out how to clean it out if it was! I think the action of draining the water by bailing out the sump then tipping the washer on its side seemed to clear it. I did find a couple of stalks in the sump which could haveblocked the outlet. Anyway ran a hot programme with no dishes in and it went through the cycle no problem. Hope it's sorted now.

Ok fingers crossed its sorted now for you.

But if it fails again then just get back to me.