Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

It looks like my fridge is continually defrosting. Ice tray

Customer Question

It looks like my fridge is continually defrosting. Ice tray is dripping with water into fridge. Light is still on and it sounds like it is running?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Like I said the fridge was working ok yesterday and last night I noticed that the ice compartment was dripping with water and ice tray had melted. When I tried to turn up the fridge nothing happened. It is still the same this morning. Its as if it is continually defrosting
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no I dont think so
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

Try this test of the door gasket seal. Using a paper money bill, insert it into various places around the doors, closing them as you normally do. Gently pull the bill out, checking to see if there's a slight resistance as you do. If the bill slides out with little or no resistance in places, the door gasket(s) will need to be replaced. Please send me the brand name and model number, so I can get parts information for you. Thank you.