Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My name is ***** *****. I have a a E46-38 tumble dryer and

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** *****. I have a a E46-38 tumble dryer and the "empty water" light keeps coming on. Ive put some water into the machine and it comes through immediately. Ive soken to a shop who sell dryers and they said it could either be the condenser or the pump thats gone. Are these expensive items to replace. i donts know if its worth spending money on a 10 year old machine although this is the first time ive had any trouble with it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can start the machine and it will go for about a minute and then the empty water light comes on and the machine stops.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the water you putin drains out immediately, the issue is not pump or condenser related but likely something in the sensor circuit that monitors the water level is failing. There is also a possibility that there is a partial obstruction, see the attached page.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thank you! That is the model I used to look up that picture for you. Are you able to look at that hose connection in the picture I sent you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, your guidance that you gave me did not solve the issue. we had to get a technician out to recitify the problem and the machine is now working
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Okay, thank you. I could have helped further had you replied back....