Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a cooker with an oil pot burner, and I need to set

Customer Question

I have a cooker with an oil pot burner, and I need to set the draft baffle to the flu to the correct size the air inlet is approx 3 inch diameter
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The cooker slots up, and I think part of the problem is the ratio between the air inlet and flue exit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: There is a good draft from the chimney , and there is a baffle plate that can be slid across the opening from the cooker to the flue. How large an opening should there be? Same size as the inlet or larger or smaller?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I am sorry nobody has responded to you sooner. The issue is that the product you are using is not widely used and well known by many servicers, myself included. However, I did not want you to not get a response at ll and I found a great site that has a good deal of information available on these units that I thought may be useful to you.