Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I cannot open the door of the washing machine - The door

Customer Question

I cannot open the door of the washing machine -
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The door will not open even using the red pull-cord on thye bottom of thye machine. I activate the child lock, I hear the door opener mechanism but the door is still locked
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I de-activated the child lock and still the door is jammed closed
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Can you post the make and model number of the washer please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sure, its a Siemens Serie IQ 1430

Thanks for that. This s just the range number not the actual model number. The model is either on the instruction manual or on a sticker on the inside of the door. Now if its not on the manual then it will make it harder as you cannot open the door to get at the model number.

But as to the door if you unplug it and wait 2 minutes and give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist does it shock the door into opening?

Does the door handle feel loose or floppy?