Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

AEG Lavamat W 80. Drive belt is broken. If I get a new belt

Customer Question

AEG Lavamat W 80. Drive belt is broken. If I get a new belt how do I tension it?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

If you get a new belt then to be honest you shouldn't have to tension it as it should be the same size if not a little bit smaller then the old on so you just hook it onto the motor at the bottom and then stretch it onto the pulley wheel from there.

But if you do have to tension it then all you do is loosen the two 13mm bolts and then wedge something in the motor and pull it down and tighten the bolt from there.

But as I said its very rare you need to tension the motor as it should be a straight forward fit of the belt without messing with the tension.

I see the question is still open on this. Do you need more help with this?

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer I gave and it will close the question down.