Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko dishwasher doesnt seem to fill, The pump is working,

Customer Question

hi, My Beko dishwasher doesnt seem to fill
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The pump is working, I put a meter across the valve, that seems ok. Also the heater comes on.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No thats it, I wondered if it was the flow meter?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number of the dishwasher please.

Also as to the fault whats it doing wrong for you?

When you set it going what actually happens?

Does the pump run and then stop?

Then it should be filling, Do you hear any humming noise when it should put water in?

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a DE2431FW, I put it on, it drains, but no water comes in, I noticed abit of steam and the heater was hot. It is making a noise like it's working properly but when you open the door there is no water.

Ok try it again but this time once the pump stops open the door and ad a few jugs of water yourself in there till the water level is above the filters and then close the door and see if you hear the wash motor kick in and sprays the water around.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's my friends DW, not going back till Wednesday. If the wash motor kicks in, what do you advise?Regards

Ok if the motor kicks in what you need to do is check the pressure switch under the dishwasher.

As for the heater to come on and it not to fill then it must think its full of water when it isn't.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the metal base panel.

From there locate the pressure switch, Its round and has a few wires on there and a thin hose.

Pull the hose off and blow hard down it as this should clear the pressure chamber.

Then refit the pressure hose and retry it on a wash cycle and see how it goes from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i stripped it down earlier and was looking for a pressure switch but it didn't seem to have one, nor is one listed in the spares from connect distribution. I thought maybe the flow meter replaced the pressure switch?
Regards

Sorry my fault I looked at the wrong model number.

You are correct in that there isn't a pressure switch on this.

How this works is a flow sensor going to the plastic filling on tank on the side which sends the signal to the control board once its filled so that it can bring the heater on. There isn't a pressure sensor in the heater.

But the flow sensor wont be the fault here as if it was the dishwasher will cut out at the start and not even bring the heater on as it knows it hasn't filled.

As the heater is coming on with no water going in then its more then likely the control board at fault causing this fault.

But another thing you can check is the flood switch in the base. Check the wiring block going to flood switch as sometimes this can burn and cause strange faults as well so check that and make sure that's all ok.

If it is then its more then likely the control board at fault here as they do fail quite often on these as to be honest they are not reliable boards on these.