Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Here. I have a problem with my dishwasher. Power on at the

Customer Question

Hi, ***** ***** here. I have a problem with my dishwasher.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Power on at the socket. Power on at the front panel. Green lights showing. As soon as I close the door the RCD trips. Is it going to earth via the door somehow?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The issue is likely at the door latch switch or at the wiring harness at the bottom of the door. Are you able to disassemble the door to inspect the wiring?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Kelly,It's a De Dietrich VZ9996U1.I just tried to remove the panel on the door to access the ECU, lock and wiring harness. Annoyingly, of the 16 torx head screws, one has its splines rounded off. It's in the top right corner, and other than cutting the head off, I don't see how I can get it free. There's an inner lip on the panel that prevents me from rotating it around the screw.I am almost certain it is the door latch switch. As soon as it clicks closed, the RCD trips.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Yes, I do suspect that the latch is shorted. You may be able to drill the head off the screw and then once the head is off, access the rest of the screw for removal.