Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

Some of the buttons on the microwave control pad are not

Customer Question

Some of the buttons on the microwave control pad are not working such as the minutes, stop, one touch cooking.....It's a Kenmore microwave/wall oven combination I bought from Sears. The microwave Model# *****###-##-####
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 8 months ago.

Hi I am Stefan and will help you out. I checked the model number you you gave and it is not correct. The number should look like this XXX.XXXXXXXX and the X is the replaced by a number. But the general fault for your issues is to determine if the touchpad is defective. Try pressing each of the buttons on the touchpad. If some of the buttons respond correctly while others don’t, replace the touchpad.

If you are happy with my response please use the star rating to credit my work.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model # *****(###) ###-#### how much is the touch pad and is that easy to change?
Expert:  Stefan T replied 8 months ago.

Here is the part you are looking for http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/5304451299/0022/628.html?pathTaken=partSearch&q=5304451299. Let me know if the color is correct. Since I don't have the full model number.

Expert:  Stefan T replied 8 months ago.

I also have noticed that different parts warehouses show the part differently. One place shows that it comes with a plastic case and one shows without. It should be self explanatory once you get the part.

If you are happy with my response please use the star rating to credit my work. If you need further help once you get the part, let me know.

Expert:  Stefan T replied 8 months ago.

Hi I am checking in to see if you still need any further assistance with your microwave.