Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The main burner of my aga will not light, The pilot light

Customer Question

The main burner of my aga will not light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The pilot light comes on but when I turn it to light the main burner the pilot light goes off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: We have not turned the aga on for about 6 months
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the pilot stays lit, then we know the thermocouple is okay. So, when the valve is turned to the ON position, it is cutting off the fuel. I believe the gas valve will need to be replaced.