Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Had a new drum fitted an LG washing machine 5 years old.

Customer Question

Had a new drum fitted an LG washing machine 5 years old . Spinning all nice and quiet. But when using any programme and, 800 spin speed , it at the start of wash about less than 5 mins, this sound of someone who has crunched their gears ( car) keeps on happening. I'm sure it's something to do with water coming in. Was told by the man who put new drum in and bearings in, that he turned the water pressure down? Help !!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

When you say it sounds like grinding gears is the drum turning at that point?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the drum is ok . At the moment it's on a cotton cycle and it's making that funny noise like a missed gear change in a car , intermittently .The cycle was 1.30 then at 1.27 approx it went to this gear changing sound ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got a new drum 1 week ago
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

What area are you located I am having trouble finding the model

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The machine is on but I did put my model number in at start of (just answer. .com) are you uk based? I'm in Clacton Essex

That is the issue I am in the US....I do not have any literature on your model let me see if another expert does.

Can you tell me if it is a top or front loader?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Front loader
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I thought I was connected to a uk engineer please get me connected !