Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I put my Hotpoint WD860 (washer/dryer) onto a gh-heat dry

Customer Question

Hi I put my Hotpoint WD860 (washer/dryer) onto a high-heat dry and it has spent all day and all night sitting on 1min remaining on the dry cycle with no way to stop or cancel the cycle. Even when I switch off at the plug it remembers the cycle when I turn it back on and it is there again stuck on 1 min with the drum turning slowly back and forth. How do I cancel this load so I can do a regular wash? I just need to know how to cancel the cycle. I don't need to use the dry function now I know that it doesn't work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect either the control module is faulty or there is a sensor that detects an issue with the condensed liquid removal. Have you noticed any leaks under the machine? Unplug for at least 8 hours to allow a "hard reset" and see if the behavior changes.