Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

The dishwasher doesn't fill and it just keeps on the washing

Customer Question

The dishwasher doesn't fill and it just keeps on the washing indicator & bleeping Also not sure if i've turned the water tap off ?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: It started not to wash properly & sometimes the tablet would be left in the botton of the dishwasher after use.I have not used it for weeks.I try and put on a programme ,it starts the bleeps .I've fiddled around with the pupes & water tap.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the make and model?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Zanussi ZDT12011FA
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can u tell me wether the water tap is open ie turned towards me or towards back of dishwasher too.

The tap is likely off the tap should go in the direction of the pipe. So if the lever is going with the pipe it should be on...and perpendicular to the pipe is off.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Doesn't answer my question.The orange tap inside the dishwasher & not on the pipes .Also why is it bleeping and why is the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher when it was working please & not washing properly ?

There is no water to the unit, so either the tap is off or the fill valve is bad. Do you see a dome float in the corner of the machine when you open door?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is an orange disc on the left hand side inside the machine which you can turn either towards you or towards back of machine which I think is the anti flood device.Which way should it be.

Which way do you have it? Or can you take a picture of it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is turned towards me.

OK turn it the other way and try it