Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch logixx7 circa 8 years old started a 40deg wash cycle,

Customer Question

Bosch logixx7 circa 8 years old started a 40deg wash cycle, door lock operated started fill but shortly thereafter a couple of beeps and 400&800 (left row of 5 lights) + End (RH set of 4 lights) all flashing
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number of the washer please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and starts E-nr

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Daniel
Machine number, ENR.WIS24140GB/18FD8809200250 TypeWNM50 this is off the Bosch sticker on rear of machine. Since first asking the question I have checked brushes and motor, all good there
Bob

Thanks for that.

On the spin speed lights are you getting 2 of them flashing on that side?

Its just for the error code system on these it should only be 1 of them flashing along with a few from the other row of lights.

If you turn it off and back on has the lights cleared?

And are they coming on again when you restart the cycle?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
800 and 400 spin lights on

Ok so when you stop it and start a new cycle how far does it go before the lights come on again?

Will it fill with water?

If set to a spin will the pump run and will the drum turn?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Machine will not start a new cycle. See info on my previous messages as to what has been done. I have managed to get spin to run (dry) but selecting say a 40deg cycle start/ pause button lights momentarily, a bleep then 800+400+end lights all flash

Ok so a spin cycle works does it?

Have you tried just a rinse only to see if this works as the rinse uses a different coil on the water valve.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it will do a spin. Any cycle selection results in the door locking and after a short spell I get the bleep, stra/pause light goes out and the same fault lights, as before, come on

Ok so as it spins then we know its not a motor fault.

What you need to do is check the water supply the washer is on. Then remove the hose to the washer and were it screws to you will see a filter in there. See if this is blocked. If so pull it out and give it a good clean.

Then refit and refit the fill hose and see if this makes a difference.

If that's all ok then you need remove the top of the washer and from there locate the pressure switch. Its round and has a few wires on there and a thin hose to the bottom of it.

Pull this hose off and blow hard down there as this will clear the pressure chamber in there.

Then retry it on a wash cycle and see how it goes from there.

If still the same then you need a multi meter and test the coils on the water valve. They should give a reading of about 3.6K ohms. If faulty then you need to replace them.

But if all that doesn't cure it then all you are left with is a faulty control board in there as nothing else will cause this and you have tested everything as well so it just leaves the main control board here im afraid.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Which end of the water supply has the filter, machine end, under the top, does not have a screw on end, the supply line is enclosed with the electrics in another hose, theses terminate in a large plastic manifold withe electrics on to of bifocated delivery tubes going to the powder tray. There is no obvious way to open this manifold to find a filter. I do not think it is a water delivery problem as water went into the machine ok on the first occasion prior to the fault lights comin on

Sorry my fault this has a complete inlet hose with the valves all attached to it so forget about the filter as that's not in there

But still try the pressure switch and testing the inlet valves to rule the out anyway.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done done the pressure switch, all clear
I can't test inlet valves at this time, (have not got the tester) but as I mentioned earlier it did a water fill, no problem, before the fault lights came on

Ok to be honest I don't think its the valve anyway as on the valves are 2 coils. So if one failed it will still fill on the rinse cycle so it was juts a check to make just to rule it out.

If the pressure sensor hasn't made a difference and it just isn't starting on a wash then its more then likely the control board at fault here.

Now the cheaper option is a repair plan from Bosch themselves. Its about £16 a month and it gives you a full 12 month warrenty on the washer plus the repair as well. So they will call out and fix it and give a full 12 month warrenty for the £16 a month so that's probberly the cheaper and better option as a board for these are over £200 so its a lot cheaper for them to do the repair.