Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm ***** *****, have a problem with a beko dishwasher not

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****, have a problem with a beko dishwasher not filling or washing?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A week ago it wash washing only cold, then it started heating again, so thought it had fixed itself, then the next time I came to wash, nothing happened, led lights to indicate it's in the wash cycle but nothing happening
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When you select a cycle and start it going what actually happens?

Do you hear any noises at all from it?

Also can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, absolutely nothing, led indicates it's on wash cycle but nothing from the machine, no water or pump. Model number DWD5414W
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the dishwasher is doing nothing and not even filling or draining then its possibley the door switch.

What you need to do is remove the front plastic control panel and there you will see the door switch.

Check this as sometimes theres a plastic bar in there which activates the microswitch when you close the door. It can sometimes fall out or break so the control board thinks the door is open when it isn't so doesn't allow it to start.

Check this and test the micro switch and check it is switching over when you activate it. If faulty then you need to replace the door switch from there.

But if the switch is fine and its just not starting at all then its possibley the control board itself at fault.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

See the question is still open here. Do you need anymore information on this?

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer I gave by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page.

Many thanks