Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My names ***** ***** issue is with our hotpot dishwasher

Customer Question

Hi My names ***** ***** issue is with our hotpot dishwasher Hotpoint
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The dishwasher fills with water as normal and then when we think the cycle is done we open the door and the light for the programme is flashing. There is no water left in the dishwasher but nothing has been cleaned
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

After the unit has filled with water do you hear the water circulation pump running at all?

It should run for well over 10-15 minutes before the unit drains for the first time during the entire cycle.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No we dont

Ok so then if you do not hear the circulation pump coming on and running to circulate the wash water, but the unit does drain.

I would have to suspect the issue is circulation pump motor.

If you have a Volt-Ohm meter you can test the voltage to the pump Looking for 120 volts A/C and if in fact it is getting voltage the circulation pump will need to be replaced .

and if your not getting voltage to the pump then the issue is the control of the dishwasher.

If you have ant questions just let me know