Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

DRCS68W Dryer not heating up. Upper sensor on heater panel

Customer Question

DRCS68W Dryer not heating up. Upper sensor on heater panel reading 30k, lower reset switch ok. Heating elements are ok
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Took back off dryer coz wife said funny smell and was reluctant to use it. The heater assy was full of dust/lint so vacuumed. Mot
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Had difficulty reconnecting heater assy and wondering if a wire disconnected behind panel. Does heater come on if no moisture detected - ie no damp clothes in machine?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The heater should come on initially, even if no clothes are detected. Of course, the sensor would shut it off if no wet clothes were detected after a few minutes. If the heater and stats are testing good, the issue is likely to with the controller that energizes the heater.

CLICK HERE