Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dishwasher lights 't stay on. When they do stay on and close

Customer Question

Dishwasher lights don't stay on. When they do stay on and close the door after pressing start button, nothing happens. Door hinge doesn't stop door half way down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Temp light and start line go on and off intermittently we you move the door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Given the issues with the hinge and the erratic lighting with the movement of the door, I suspect you have a wire that has broken in the harness. The wiring issues like this are usually right where the wire bundle bends around the tub at the bottom of the door. That area is constantly flexing with the opening and closing of the door. Are you able to inspect the wiring in that area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly the wiring is not visible. The dishwasher is integrated so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

It won't be visible, you will need to remove the outer panel from the door or there may be a lower access panel under the door, too.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
CDA-cw494
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Are you able to remove the door panel for inspection? The inner door has screws all the way around that will need to come off.