Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My dishwasher Whirlpooi ADG957 has a problem .The door will

Customer Question

My dishwasher Whirlpooi ADG957 has a problem .The door will not shut,and seems to have dropped on one side. the hinge on the bottom left hand corner has play in it and will not bring the door up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We think the hinge has loosened or needs replacing but cannot get at the hinge
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

From the sounds of this the hinge bracket and metal strap will be the fault here as they can break and it causes this fault.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the side panels.

There you will see a spring, metal strap and a plastic runner at the bottom.

You may want to remove the other side panel to see the way its set up.

You need to replace what ever is broken in there. Its usually the plastic runner and the metal strap. Replace them and refit the springs and that will cure the fault from there.

Hopefully its just one side that's faulty so you can see how it should be set up. But I do suggest to replace both sides as its sods law you do one side and a few days later the other side goes.

Try that and see how it goes. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards