Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi ZDT1201FA dishwasher beeps during wash cycle and

Customer Question

Zanussi ZDT1201FA dishwasher beeps during wash cycle and stops washing. The beeping pattern is repeated 2 short beeps
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: no matter which cycle is chosen the machine will work for a while and then stops. The beeping then starts, two beeps at a time.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When it stops with the 2 beeps is it still full of water in there?

If so then when you reset it and start a new cycle does it drain the water out then?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It varies. Usually no water.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok the 2 beeps is a time out draining error code.

So if it is draining out but stilling giving the 2 beeps then its thinking there water in there when there isn't.

For this you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove bottom base cover.

Then you need to locate the pressure sensor. This is on the left hand side of the sump between the sump and the salt chamber.

Remove it from the sump and give it a good clean out and check the wiring connection on there.

Once clear refit the pressure sensor and retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed it may have been a blocked pressure sensor causing this.

Try that first and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page.

Regards