Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Neff dishwasher not melting wash tabs, on any wash ,if i

Customer Question

Neff dishwasher not melting wash tabs
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: on any wash ,if i place a tab in , switch on let it run,it work but on completion the tab is solid just dropped out tab an contents still dirty
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

During the wash cycle do you feel the dishwasher getting hot?

Are they dry at the end of the cycle?

Also as to the tablet once finished is the tablet laying on the bottom of the dishwasher or is it still in the dispenser but falls down when you open the door?

Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it gets hot an the tab is on the bottom

Ok what dissolves the tablet is hot water and the top spray arm spraying the water into the dispenser to dissovle the tablet.

What you need to do is open the dishwasher and turn the spray arm under the top basket so it faces front to back.

Set it going on a wash cycle and when you hear it washing slowly open the door and see if the top spray arm has moved position, Try it a few times and see what happens.

Also just check there isn't anything like a dishwasher air freshner hanging on the top basket just in front of the dispenser as this can cause this fault as well.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards