Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm ***** *****. This question is in regards to a whirlpool

Customer Question

Hi. I'm ***** *****. This question is in regards ***** ***** whirlpool awz8478 that won't power on. No LED. Nothing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like I said. Dryer won't turn on Hitting the power button does nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

I assume you have checked the power supply and fuse in the plug and tried it in another plug socket?

If that's all ok then is either the mains filter or the control board at fault.

You need to remove the top of the dryer and there at the back you will see the mains filter. This is the part that has the power cable going to it.

If you have a multi meter or voltage tested you need to check you have voltage going to it and coming out of it.

If that's fine then you need to check the wires going to the back of the control board and check you have voltage there as well.

If you do then you are looking at a faulty control board here which you will need to replaced to cure this fault.

So check them and see what you find as the fault will be with one of them there.

Regards