Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My name is ***** ***** and i have a problem with a

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** and i have a problem with a dishwasher a beko dwd5412w
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yup here goes .....We got this basket case in a few weeks ago when dismantled it was apparent it had a blow out electrically within the control board enclosure ,after metering out all of the components it was found no faults and resistances to motor and heater windings all within tolerance .i even after testing powered up the circulation pump and the drain pump with a separate isolated power supply and they functioned correctly ,I found the flood switch was damaged by previous owner having removed it from the bottom cover and then dragging the machine around on it.I then metered out all the cabling for continuity and insulation tests ,i can only assume the board had become wet and popped as opposed to any other short or faults causing it to blow up .Happy with the results i ordered a replacement new flood switch and (used) control board identical part numbers etc ,Cleaned away the carbon flash residue on the card edge connector for the motor drive cables and tested fitted new flood switch .The machine went through the first drain sequence then filled with water ,stopping at the right level then sits quietly for quite some time before pumping out and re filling ,even though the circulation pump works it does not function in any of the five programs ,the continuity from the motor to the board edge connector is fine as is its common shared neutral/ ground. Confused as to what the problem could be i would like to know if any one else has encountered this issue before ,i suspect the control board personally but have been assured it is a working one .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

So as you have tested the motor and that works fine then you can rule that out.

One thing here which does happen is the wires in the door loom break.

Remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wires running down the door. Release the harness were it bends down to the underside and check the wires there.

As the wires do like t break in that bend there.

But if the wires are fine as is all the other parts then it does sound like a fault control board. Do you have the part number for the board you have fitted?

Regards