Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our aga went out today. We're not quite sure shy. I managed

Customer Question

Our aga went out today. We're not quite sure shy. I managed to relight it but it's still glowing orange rther than blue after an hour and the fuel odour is significant. What should we do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The aga is getting hot but I don't understand why the flame is not turning blue. Perhaps that doesn't matter?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The orange flame indicates that there is an air flow issue. Have you checked the venting for obstructions? Has the internal area near the burner been cleaned recently? are you getting any soot built up with the orange flames?