Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My rangehood lights have suddenly died (less that 2 years

Customer Question

my rangehood lights have suddenly died (less that 2 years old) and I am not sure what to do. It is a 90-cm canopy rangehood, can't remember to exact model (maybe SA900CXA) but it has 3-part filter panels and LED (I think) lights running across the length at the front (closer to user/cook) part of the rangehood. What should I do?
thanks, maria
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the main controller has failed or the transformer for the lights is faulty. Do you have a meter to perform any voltage testing with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do? How do I check that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a meter to perform any voltage testing with? We will need to determine where we are losing voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have one. will borrow one but I am going away for a few days, so i might have to deal with the issue when I get back. thanks Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sure, just reply back when you are able.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I have the meter, which part(s) of the unit I need to test? Do u have any ideas on how to check the voltage rating of the LED.?