Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Im sachin. I have siemans fridge freezer the ice maker has

Customer Question

hi, im sachin. I have siemans fridge freezer the ice maker has stopped working. the freezer i thought was not cold enough relative to the temp on the display. I switched on and off and it seems that is ok. but no ice.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the fridge was working fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: model number KA58NP90gb/07
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The freezer must be at least -12 for the ice maker to cycle. I suspect the temperature might be warmer than that. Do you have an external thermometer to test the temperature?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will check tomorrow and confirm. It seems pretty cold and food is frozen.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Okay, also check that the tube that the water flows from to fill the maker is not frozen shut. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi it's below 12 and don't think the tube is frozen
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Below 12 or colder than -12? If there is ice waiting to be dumped, then the ice maker itself is likely faulty. If no ice in ice maker mold, then the water fill valve is likely faulty.