Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is there something we can help you on?

If so what is the make and model and what problem are you having?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a zanussi zwf 1221w
When I turn it on it will fill with water then pause for a minute or so and the led light will change from washing to end.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set the washer going on a spin cycle.

Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the lights will go out then the start and end of cycle light will be flashing.

Count the number of flashes from them both in between the pause and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't do anything now, whichever programme I set it to the end light starts flashing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its not doing anything at all now and its just flashing the end light all the time then all it can be is the control board. As if it was anything else you will be able to get the error code out of it or at least start the washer going.

For this you will need to replace the control board here but at a cost of around £120 on an older model its not usually worth it but that's up to yourself of you wanted this fixing.

If you do then you need to replace the control board and that will get the washer back up and running again for you.

Reards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 12 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open on this.

Do you still need help? If so just get back to me.

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards