Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have and Indesit 126 washer-dryer, lights come on but

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have and Indesit 126 washer-dryer, lights come on but nothing happens
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: power on, ok red flashing LED set program then press start, all green for second then only 2hr led geen but nothing happens. totally dead. Have also left it on for couple of hours incase it was the delay timer but no joy.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Water, ON / Power ON / Door Closed / Start button pressed delay timer off, still nothing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

When you try and start a wash cycle now does the door actually lock so you cannot open it?

Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The door remains unlocked so it can be opened

Ok so if the door isn't locking then its possibley the door lock itself at fault here.

What you need to do is open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the door seal and unlip the door seal.

Then remove the 2 screws holding the door lock on and then pull it though the door gap.

There disconnect the wiring and inspect it and check for burn marks on there as the lock and wiring like to burn on these. If it has then you need to replace the lock and repair the wiring from there.

If the wiring looks fine then you need a multi meter to test the door lock. There you will see 3 tags on the lock. Test between all 3 and you should get a reading between 2 of them. If you don't then the lock itself is faulty and will need to be replaced.

But if the lock and wiring is fine and its still not starting then its going to be the control board at the back at the bottom at fault here.

But check the lock and wiring first as this is quite common on these for failing.

Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any tips on removing the clamp holding the seal?

Use a flat screwdriver and usually in the 7 oclock position is a spring. Use the screwdriver to prise it off.

If you don't see the spring there then just look around the seal edge and you will find it somewere there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Daniel, thank you I seem to have clean wires and have a reading of 14.7 volts across middle and one side and 17 volts across the other side. If i then power on the voltage goes up to 35 V.
Thank you I have found the lock does have a reading between its two poles when unplugged. I have pushed it across manually and the machine is working.

Ok so if you push the lock itself it starts up does it?

If so then the fault is with the door handle.

Open the door and remove the screws on the inside of the door. But not remove the 2 screws holding it to the hinge.

Then use a flat screwdriver and prise the outer door away from the frame but don't remove fully. Only do it around the hinge.

Then you will see a metal door pin that holds the handle in.

This may have come up so push it down again and then refit the door frames and fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

Let me know what happens.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as I haven't heard back from you?

Regards