Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Rob - I have Tecnik SE6TIE2GB/50 and the water is not being

Customer Question

Rob - I have Tecnik SE6TIE2GB/50 and the water is not being pumped away. I have checked outlet pipe - it was full of water so checked ubend trap and drain out side. All were clear. I have removed micro filters in DW and the cover to pump blades. All seem clear and I have cleaned all around the area and replaced pump cover. The pump blades did not spin freely; if anything the pump was a bit juddery. I have tried rinse cycle again and bottom of DW is full off clean water! Nothing pumped away - I left outlet pipe open into a bucket. Conclusion = DW needs new pump so (i) would you agree?, (ii) is it easy to replace? and (iii) where to get pump + any advice on how to replace pump? and
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Rob - I have Tecnik SE6TIE2GB/50 and the water is not being pumped away. I have checked outlet pipe - it was full of water so checked ubend trap and drain out side. All were clear. I have removed micro filters in DW and the cover to pump blades. All seem clear and I have cleaned all around the area and replaced pump cover. The pump blades did not spin freely; if anything the pump was a bit juddery. I have tried rinse cycle again and bottom of DW is full off clean water! Nothing pumped away - I left outlet pipe open into a bucket. Conclusion = DW needs new pump so (i) would you agree?, (ii) is it easy to replace? and (iii) where to get pump + any advice on how to replace pump?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a multimeter or mains tester?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK the pump is located in the base of the appliance as you know, set you multimeter at 250 volts AC or above and stick the probes in the end of the pump connectors that were connected to the pump. Make sure they are not able to short out and then switch the appliance on, as you are aware the first few seconds are pump out. Just start the cycle and see if there is voltage at the end of the cables. Take care dont want you electrocuted.