Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a kenwood kdw60x13 it fills and goes through cycle

Customer Question

Hi ***** ***** we have a kenwood kdw60x13 it fills and goes through cycle but will not empty it shows error E1 I have emptied it an it did the same again will not pump out any ideas Thanks Nick
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really it was working fine but this has just happened , I have drained it manually and set ir on a short cycle. Which it seems to be ok with until time to pump out. Then it stops
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

OK you need to check that you have no blockages to the pump and that the pump is actually working. First thing to do is start it on a program, for the first few seconds it should be pumping out (to clear the dirty water out of the sump area), start it up and tell me if you can actually hear the pump running, if it starts to fill without filling then switch it off. Come back to me with your results. Ironically E1 on Kenwoods is usually a fill error. - Ian

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your help Ian but we have cured the problem now not your fault Have told company not happy and clear my account took to long ,it initially said 8 min now close to 5 hrs thanks again