Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My washing machine ZWD12270W1 won't turn on. Worked fine

Customer Question

Hi, my washing machine ZWD12270W1 won't turn on. Worked fine yesterday.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Sorry this isn't going to be good news. I take it you have checked the sockets and tried the washer in a different socket to make sure its not a power supply fault?

Then if so then the fault you describe the main control board will be the issue here. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.

There are a few basic things to try first. If you haven't already try the washer in another plug socket and check that.

If that's fine then pull the washer out from under the unit and rmove the metal top.
Then from there you will see the wiring connections going to the main power board behind the control panel. Give all the blocks a push and make sure there a tight fit on there.

Then retry the washer and see what happens. If still the same then the control board will need to be replaced to get this up and running again. As I said ive replaced loads of them for this fault.

In the mean time try and leave the washer on and see if it comes back on. As in the past ive known then to come on after a few hours of so and work until it gets turned off again. Now its something you can try. Im not saying that it will do this ive just heard in the past that this can happen.

Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards