Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Pear, Please can you tell me about the difference between a

Customer Question

Hi Pear
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Please can you tell me about the difference between a Whirlpool tumble dryer and a Hotpoint tumble dryer.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: IWe have a hotpoint CTD 80P which we have had for three years and it has stopped working but why I asked the first question is because unfortunatly we have one of the ones that requires modification due to fire problems. Iam told by Hotpoint today that our machine will be unable to be modified until three months time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Whirlpool now own the hotpoint and indesit brand so they are the same brand. But the machine builds are still different.

I take it they have offered you a Whirlpool dryer due to the recalls as ive seen them do this before.

If so the personally I would go for the Whirlpool dryer as they are well built dryers and seem to work better. At the end of the day they both do the same job in dry the clothes you put in. But ive found the whirlpool built dryers are a better build quality and if I had a choice that's the dryer I would go for over the Hotpoint.

Hope this helps you out but to be honest theres not much difference between them as they both do the same but I think the whirlpool built dryers are a better build.

Regards