Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm getting h20 followed by al06 I have checked the pipe

Customer Question

I'm getting h20 followed by al06 I have checked the pipe going into machine and is working fine
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hotpoint fdw80

Hi

Thanks for that. This error code on your appliance is a filling fault.

As you say the water supply is fine to it then once you have the left side panel off you will see the water valve at the back as it will have the water fill hose going to it. On the valve is 2 wires. Remove this and you need a multi meter to test the coil on the valve. It should be around 3.6K ohms. If faulty then you need to replace it.

But if that's fine and the dishwasher does actually start to put water in before the error code comes up then its possibley the plastic filling tank on the left hand side at fault as in there is a flow sensor which picks up the flow of water as it passes and if this fails then it thinks it isn't filling when it is so if this is the case then that will need to be replaced.

Check them first and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Hi

I see the question is still open. Do you need more help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks