Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The red door lock light flashes and machine will not

Customer Question

The red door lock light flashes and machine will not start,and the door will not open again have to pull the green pull down to open the door.Got a new lock fitted but it is still the same.Also I found even when I close the door it will not open again even with no power on?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is on a hotpoint machine with the row of lights on the right
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

is the pump on the washer running when it does this? If so the problem is a bad water level pressure switch the machine thinks its full of water when its not.

If the pump is not running while this is happening then the main control board is sensing the door is not locked when it is and since you have changed the lock already then the that means the board is bad.

If you give me the model number I will be glad to find you the replacement parts.

I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. If you don't see it please let me know.

Please be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site as this rating reflects on me not on the site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.