Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My aquacycle 1000 washing machine has stopped spinning.

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, my aquacycle 1000 washing machine has stopped spinning. machine sounds like its trying to drive spin when it comes to spin section of cycle but nothing happens. Mod F 1045w Type P(###) ###-#### ***** No###-##-####00, Ser no 223 01222. Is there anything I can check as have top cover of machine.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really, machine working fine for many years.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When you say its sounds like its trying to turn I take it the drum isn't turning at all?

If not then you need to check the carbon brushes in the back of the motor as if they have worn then it stops the motor from turning.

You need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer.

There you will see the back of the motor. Either side are the carbon brushes in the plastic holders.

Remove these and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm long then they have worn. Replace them and retry the washer and fingers crossed this sorts it from there for you.

So check that and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brushes seem to have plenty of life left, about 20 - 25mm long. any other checks?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you have a multi meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just digital probe meter for ac and dc voltages. can get meter for ohms and amps tommorow
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok ive just uploaded a service manual. In there is a section on the motor. It shows the test points and how to test it. You need to scroll down to page 81 and you will see it. I know its not your model but its the same motor. I just cannot upload the single page hence the complete manual.

But if the motor is fine then the timer on the top is the issue So check that and see what you find as if the brushes are fine then its either the timer or the motor here which both are very expensive and more then likely not worth it as both are over the £150 mark each.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer? Did you manage to check the motor out?

If you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks