bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Siemens Dishwasher E:15 error code. think it has an airlock

Customer Question

Siemens Dishwasher E:15 error code. think it has an airlock as tipping the machine clears it and allows it to run again, but after a couple of cycles the same thing has has happened again. It also clears after being switched off at the wall for 48 hours or so. Any thoughts?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: E Nr no is SN26T293GB
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

E15 indicates that you have a flood protection device error. In real terms this means that for whatever reason, leak, door opened during cycle etc water has got into the base area. By base I mean between the bottom of the wash cavity and the base of the appliance. First thing to do is to sort out the water in the base and then run it and see if you can see any leaks.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you require further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know how to sort out the water in the base. I guess you were correct, because I can run it, but then it is tripping the circuit breaker.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK give me the full ENr that is lazer etched in the top of the stainless steel inner door - I need the bit after the GB/.. two numbers and I will send you a link to the illustrated diagrams for your appliance and take you through getting to the water leak - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, much appreciated: It is SN26T293GB/01, but I won't be able to do it now - I'll have time to have a go at following your instructions tomorrow morning, if that's OK?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Yes no problems - http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/sparepart/finder/detail/SN26T293GB/01#/tab-spare-section-3 in the morning once you have loaded this into your browser go to page four and come back to me and we can continue - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - speak then.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK have printed off the exploded diagram - don't know which panel(s) to take off or how!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have the top and side panels off. Now having problems removing the heat exchanger unit. It looks like it is all gunked up inside.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

You dont need to take off the left hand side panel (looking backward from the front) you need the right hand side one off, this gives you access into the base.