johnnn40
johnnn40, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I've repaired domestic and commercial appliances for 25+ years. I'm now working in a large kitchen.
22250861

Our Smeg oven and clock display have suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Our Smeg oven and clock display have suddenly stopped working. There is power to the oven but nothing will turn on. The ignition spark still works on the gas hob. The model is SCB 91 MFN 5. Please could you advise on what the problem might be.
Many thanks, ***** *****
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 10 months ago.

The problem may be a faulty control board, but before replacing the part, try unplugging the oven or switching it off at its breaker for 30 minutes, to see if the board will reset itself, and start working properly.

In the meantime, I'll search for parts information for you, and I'll get back to you.

If you need to replace the control board, go to www.parts4appliances.com, type your model number into their search box, and scroll down to the sixth row of parts photos. In the far right photo, you'll find your control board.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?