Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Jltdc09 tumble dryer and switch it on to any

Customer Question

I have a Jltdc09 tumble dryer and switch it on to any program then press start and nothing but erroneous screen and start flashing red. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the electronic c0ontrol has problems. Unplug the appliance for at least 4 hours to reset the electronics. Make sure the neutral connection and earth connection are secure at the outlet. Any change when power is restored?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No was unplugged overnight and no change. Can I put it into a fault finding function?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Not if the display is acting strange. I suspect there is an issue with the grounding or the neutral. When it programs fine but then acts up when start is pressed, that usually indicates a loose connection.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I switch it to a program and is fine then press start display flashes err and red light flashing on start button3 times
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Okay, that is different if err displays. Your initial post stated "erroneous screen," I apologize for the confusion.

If an incorrect option is selected, the red pilot light

for the Start/ Pause button flashes 3 times and the

message Err is displayed for about 2 seconds.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Found problem was wires Going from door micros with to board and 1 had got hot from bad connection and broken so spade terminalled them and is good! Thanks for help!:)
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Great, glad you got it going, nice work!