bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My Indesit dishwasher isn't working. It's an IDL 40. After

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Tim. My Indesit dishwasher isn't working. It's an IDL 40. After about 10 seconds, the first and third lights flash simultaneously. It doesn't seem like any water is getting into the machine. I've tried it on all four programs but none of them work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, that's about it. I've taken out the filter in the machine and cleaned it but that didn't solve the problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

First thing to do is get a kettle of boiling water, remove the filters and pour the boiling water into the sump that was directly below the filters, leave for about 5 minutes and then pump it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I poured the boiling water in, left it for 5 mins and then ran the machine on cycle 1 - it stopped after about 10 secs at the same point as usual, with buttons 1 and 3 flashing. Now I have dirty water in the bottom of the machine - how should I pump this out, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I've managed to pump the water out - what now, please?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK error 1 & 3 indicate that there is a problem with the pump out - that is either it is taking too long to pump out, a pipe is blocked or the pressure sensor pipe is blocked. I want you initially to keep trying to get it to pump out by using boiling water, the fact that you have dirty water confirms that drain water is coming back into the machine. how have you got the drain hose connected?

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you require further assistance?